Menu Bar

 

                   

Friday, February 24, 2012

Family Fun Friday ~ Just Plain Me!

This week I am reminded of how very much God loves each of us.  When we meet someone new, we typically introduce ourselves by name and title.  Now the titles I'm speaking of are not those of royalty or power (well, that Mom title is pretty powerful), but those titles that we define ourselves by.  For me, I'm usually known as Charissa - Andrew, Jacob, and Caleb's Mom and sometimes as that girl who brings yarn to the ballfield everyday!  But this week a conversation with Caleb reminded me that God loves me just as I am.  And that it is more than ok to be just plain me!

One day, I was talking to Caleb and called him by his full name {Caleb Michael Smith} and he was quick to respond that he is not Caleb Michael Smith or even Caleb Smith.  He is just Caleb, plain Caleb.  So matter of fact.  So sure of who he is.  And so humbling. 

To God, we can be just plain us.  We do not need works or titles or associations.  God loved us before the foundation of the world and created us in His own image for His glory.  God loves us exactly as we are.  Just plain us.  It is so humbling to me to think that the Creator of the universe and the Sustainer of Life loves you and me as we are, just plain us. 

Lately, I have been reading a wonderful book titled Grace for the Good Girl:  Letting Go of the Try Hard Life.  This book is all about being who God made us to be and not trying to work for something that God wants to give us freely ~ His Love!

So next time we start thinking of all that we wish we were or all that we are responsible for, just remember that God loves us ~ plain us.

~Charissa

No comments:

Post a Comment